At this point, you may want to add pages with customized contact information and additional information about your farm. There may be other pages you would like to add as well. If so, you can follow step #1 multiple time to create as many pages as you’d like.
- Create an “About Us” page by going to the Dashboard and clicking on Pages -> Add New. Make the title of the page “About Us” (or use another name, if you’re feeling creative). Add your information to the body of the page and then click the “Publish” button in the right-hand navigation panel.
- Create a “Contact Us” page. You can simply add your contact info to a new page by following the instructions above, or you can create a contact form–or you can do both.
- If you would like to add a contact form, there are a number of plugins you can use. We have good experience with Fast Secure Contact Form, so we will explain how to add this plugin.
- Go to the Dashboard, then select Plugins -> Add New. Type “fast secure contact form” into the Keyword field near the top right corner of the screen. This will bring up a list of possible plugins.
- Find Fast Secure Contact Form in the search results and click the “Install Now” button, then click the “Activate” button. This will install the plugin and take you to the Installed Plugins page.
- Click on Pages -> Add New. Add the following title to the new page: Contact Us.
- In the body of the new page, paste the following text (known as a “shortcode”): [si-contact-form form=’1′].
- This will create a basic contact form. If you would like to include additional contact information, you can add HTML to your Contact Us page to add this information. Make sure you always click the “Publish” or “Update” button when finished to save your changes.
- At the upper right corner of the box where you add page content, there are two tabs labeled “Visual” and “Text.” By default, you will be on the “Visual” tab. Click the “Text” tab to open it.
- In the “Text” tab, you can use HTML to customize the page. If you are not experienced with HTML, don’t worry. The The following is an example you can use as a starting point. Simply copy and paste this text into your page, replacing the sample text (in bold) with your personal contact information:
<th style=”text-align: left;”>[si-contact-form form=’1′]</th>
<div id=”yui_3_17_2_1_1427149898103_272″ class=”sqs-block-content”>
<h3 style=”text-align: left;”>Email us at:</h3>
<p id=”yui_3_17_2_1_1427149898103_285″ style=”text-align: left;”>firstname.lastname@example.org</p>
<h3 style=”text-align: left;”>or call:</h3>
<p id=”yui_3_17_2_1_1427149898103_294″ style=”text-align: left;”>Your Name – xxx-xxx-xxxx</p>
<div id=”yui_3_17_2_1_1427149898103_272″ class=”sqs-block-content”></div>